Thursday, November 13, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request - Update 2

2nd update on Lydia's progress:

Lydia is at MCV with my parents, Paw-paw and Uncle Matt. They're about to do an x-ray to say what needs to be done. She evidently has swallowed the object so they have to figure out what to do next. Na-naw (my grandma) is on her way over right now, to watch us until we know what to do because daddy and mommy may not return tonight - we don't know.

Scripture always comforts me in a hard time. I'm reading through Revelation (fitting for the times, now-a-days) but something told me there wouldn't be much comfort there so I flipped to Psalms and started reading Psalm 112:

"Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments..." okay, not exactly very encouraging right now, let's see if there's anything else..."His descendants will be mighty on the earth..." okay still not much..."Surely he [a good man] will never be shaken; the righteous will be in everlasting remembrance. He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; he will not be afraid..." Oh thank you Jesus! Those words brought so much more strength to trust in Him! While Lydia was crying, choking etc. at our house I just started crying (it is so terrible to see one you love with all your heart suffering) and in my head kept repeating "Jesus, please don't let her die, please don't let her die..." Thank you for your prayers - if you don't mind me adding another one: mommy and daddy. If I love Lydia with all my heart how much harder it must be for mommy, who gave birth to her, and daddy, who saw her being born...I know they love her and don't want her to be in pain, so please pray for strength for them and knowledge on what to do. Thank you so much - they'll appreciate it!

That's my verse(s) for these "Urgent Prayer Requests" Updates.

Jesus is in control,
Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment