Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update 3: It is Well

Hymns is a great part of our source of music in our family because so many of them have meanings that speak to you. One of them (that is one of my favorites) is the hymn "It is Well," by Horatio G. Spafford. Here's the first verse and chorus:

When peace like a river
Attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot
Though hast taught me to say
It is Well, It is Well
With my soul

--Chorus--
It is well, with my soul, it is well, it is well with my soul!

Horatio G. Spafford lost his 3 daughters in a boat crash - only his wife surviving, lost his son to a disease and lost a line of prosperous buildings to the Chicago fire, yet this man could still say "It is well with my soul!" What a great picture of trust in Jesus!

Trusting,
Kimber for the Wass clan

No comments:

Post a Comment