Monday, December 15, 2008

Lydia's Christmas Pictures (and a few with Daddy!)

"In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight."

Luke 10:21



Lydia got a dress from my Aunt Stacey that is really cute and I really wanted to take some pictures with her wearing the dress. So, I went all over our house and tried to find matching blankets to use as my background (cheap decorating! :). I decided on Daddy and Mommy's bedspread and a silky red blanket that Mommy got for her birthday a few years ago, as my background, with some fake pine trees and a wreath that hangs on our front door, for decor! :) Of the 50-90 pictures I took only 6-9 that came out clear, the others were all blurry (I didn't focus correctly). Here are 4 of them!



Isn't her dress adorable? Of course, Lydia is just as adorable! :)

If you're wondering what that silver object is in her hand...that's part of the wreath. As I was trying to get her to sit still she saw the wreath and pulled the fake, silver holly leaves off! :)




ADORABLE!

(Mamma and Daddy's blanket is the cream-colored one. You can see the wreath on the bottom left of the picture - she wouldn't stay in one spot for me to get a good picture of her beside the wreath!)



Hannah was my helper in trying to get Lydia to smile - which isn't very easy when she wants to constantly crawl to you! So, we came up with a brilliant idea! We would take the blanket lay her in it and drag her through the house and see if I could get a few pictures of her being stable! It was so much fun! Lydia had this really weird look on her face because she couldn't figure out why she was moving and while Hannah was pulling the blanket with Lydia inside I was crawling and doing lots of other weird things to try and get a good picture!




Now she smiles!

(her hands are blurry :-( -)




Eating the holly leaves



---


Daddy and Lydia Pictures

Taken in the front yard of our House



Airplane!





I'm a little dizzy, dad!






I love you, daddy!




I want to give you a hug...



...thanks!


---


Since we're talking about Lydia, I wanted to update you on her crawling progress. She now zooms everywhere and we're constantly watching out for things she could put in her mouth. She even can stand up on stable objects and slowly make her away around them to something she wants!


As always, we love her better than ever!



MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Willingly Jesus',

Kimber


No comments:

Post a Comment