Friday, August 12, 2011

New Haircuts and a Huge Fish!

I've been thinking about cutting my hair for a few weeks.  I tend to take a long time to make decisions so when I think I want to do something I spend weeks thinking about whether or not to do what I think I want to do.  Yeah. :)  Well, I finally said "okay" and 11 inches of my hair was cut off this past Tuesday. :)  The last time my hair was cut (for the first time, other than trims) I cried.  But this time it was more of a "Wow.  My hair is gone" feeling.  And, actually, I don't mind having my hair short (short meaning about shoulder length).   Tangles, getting my hair pulled by babies (accidentally) or sucked into things is a thing of the past! :)  And my hair looks a little curlier now that it's shorter.
I'm not the only one in my family who got their hair cut this summer.  Hannah chopped her lots of hers last month and Eden and Lydia got a cute summer "doo" in the spring.  

Since Hannah and I have the most recent haircut I got Lexi to take a picture of us! :)

The other thing that got cut in our family was a giant fish! :)  Caleb and Dad were fishing at someone's pond yesterday and managed to catch an 18 inch long, small mouth bass.  It was huge!  Inside its mouth you could still see a fish it was eating when it bit into Caleb's hook! ;)

You can see the tail, nice, right? :)




The proud fisherman and his catch!















                     

It was so big Daddy could fit his entire hand into its mouth!  (All I can say is that he's brave!)


You can't see the tape measure well but it did measure 18 inches long.  Too bad the state citation bass is 20 inches or 5 pounds.  :-(

Nevertheless, Mr. Fish was soon fileted (to put it nicely) and one day soon we'll be having him for dinner.  

Kimber :) 

"'Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'”
Genesis 1:26

No comments:

Post a Comment