Friday, May 21, 2010

Beach Vacation Day 2: Church and Ocean


"...all Your waves and billows have gone over me."
Psalm 42:7b

Sunday morning I woke up around 7 and went upstairs.  Once I was upstairs (our bedroom was on the second floor), did my devotions, etc. I went outside to admire one of Jesus' most beautiful creation:  the ocean! :)


It was so beautiful that morning!

Cadence and Justus (my cousins) woke up a little after I did, so I got to enjoy their personalities and smiles while I was outside too!

Cadence.

Justus

After a week at the beach with them, Cadence and Justus feel like my little brother and sister! :)  They're such sweet little guys! :)


Around 8:00 it was time for breakfast, so we lined up!  Paw-paw made one of his delicious breakfasts for us that morning: pancakes, sausage, eggs, etc.  As always it was delicious!!!  The entire week, Uncle Kevin had the uncanny ability to come upstairs just when breakfast was ready! :)  We'd all be getting our plates, and Uncle Kevin would appear at the top of the stairs.  It was pretty funny! :)

Lexi grabbing a pancake.

Bacon and sausage.


Justus waiting for breakfast.


Eden and Cadence at the breakfast table.

After breakfast we went to church at the Calvary Chapel in Hatteras.  As we were coming home after the service, Alexis counted over 60 parasailers on the soundside.  It was a very windy day, so I guess they were taking full advantage of the weather!  (We saw more parasailers in Rodanthe, NC than we did on any other vacation.)

After lunch we went down to the beach.  Since I wanted to be able to play in the sand, I didn't take my camera down - so no pictures at the beach on this day!

I think that we saw dolphins every day we were at the beach.  Aunt Mae-Mae is a huge dolphin fan, so she was constantly looking for them!  (One day the dolphins came up very close to the shore but I forgot which day it was...)

Searching for dolphins.


Before-dinner entertainment: tackling Eden! :)

For dinner we had roast beef with all the fixings!

Yummy!




Na-naw fixing my Great-Grandma some food.
(I didn't have many pictures of G.G. so I wanted to make sure she had at least one picture on here!)

After dinner, it was nearing sunset so Daddy took Alexis, Josiah and I over to Pea Island Wildlife Refuge for  pictures of the sunset on the sound.

As we were walking along the trail, Lexi spotted this little bunny rabbit hiding in the grass! :)

Daddy and Josiah on the trail.

The water was rippling so beautifully from the wind.

The walkway was right by the soundside, creating a beautiful enviroment for a sunset! :) 

That was our sunset for the night.

Nothing overly fantastic but still beautiful! :)


On the walk back to the car we saw a family of geese up ahead.  I was afraid they would come after me, but they didn't and I got a picture of them for you:

Yes, they had little ducklings with them!  They were so adorable!

When we got too close to the geese they jumped in the water and the ducklings hopped in one by one. Then we left.

We had apple crisp with ice cream for our nightly dessert ending our first day at the beach wonderfully!
Delighting in Jesus,
Kimber

P.S. - We've been pretty busy around here with the gardens and everything.  Hannah and I also worked at Lavender Fields Friday and Saturday (Lexi came Friday) so that made for a really fun weekend!  We also had a cousin's birthday party at 3:30 Saturday afternoon that we attended.  Sunday we had our monthly Nash Luncheon at Aunt Steph's house and today we're just having a normal day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment