Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunset and Christmas Light Pictures

"And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night."
Exodus 13:21
 
I went around took some pictures after reading a great article by a photographer on (shock!) photography.

Here are some pictures I got out of that "photo time."



The ribbon on the wreath that hung on our door.

(We took some more Christmas decorations down yesterday)



One of the neat cloud formations - see the backward, angled "L" near the right side of the picture?

Most of the pictures in this post are black and white.  I love experimenting with colors and stuff so I chose black and white.  It often adds a mysterious, stormy look to the clouds that I think is neat.





Tips on silhouttes:  A silhouette is when an object is black, yet still has form, against something else (such as the sky).  The picture above is an example.  The trees are evergreens, so they were green when I took the picture yet they came out black. I found out that one way to help with silhouetting is to decrease the amount of light.  That means that you need to "darken" the picture.  On my camera I have EV steps where I can go to +3.0 or -3.0 which means that I can either make the picture lighter (+) or darker (-) to where it satisfies me.  Most of the pictures on this post were taken at -2.0 and the normal setting is 0.0.   I hope that makes some sense...leave me a comment and I'd love to try and explain better if you want to know! :)




See the airplane at the top?



Christmas lights



Some more



And more



And then some more!


All for Jesus,
                                                                             Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment