Monday, December 8, 2008

The Pictures I Promised

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it."
1 Corinthians 9:24
Well, I finished uploading all of the pictures I told you about! And now, you get to see them for yourselves!
---


Thursday night last week we made 2 batches of cookies - Spritz Cookies (courtesy of G.G.) and Chewy Ginger Cookies (courtesy of Jaime Robinson - hi!). Spritz Cookies is a family favorite and we normally only make them during the Christmas season. We (Mommy, Hannah, Alexis and I - Kimber) were going to our Church's cookie fellowship and we were supposed to bring a side dish and 3 dozen cookies. That's why we made cookies. Anyways, Mommy, Alexis and I made the batter up and then after dinner we rolled and cookie-pressed them. These are the pictures of the production of mass cookies! :)



Eden


Putting sprinkles on the uncooked cookies



Seth is applying icing to the cooled cookies and Josiah (With Lexi's help) is sprinkling on some red sugar crystals.




Some of the cookies (those are all spritz cookies)





Another view of some of the cookies.



---


These are some pictures of Lydia I took a few days ago.

Lydia choking baby Jesus (that object in her hand) while sitting in front of our nativity scene.



Lexi and Lydia




Lexi and Lydia again




Eating a cookie cutter

(Ever seen such big, blue eyes?!)




Lydia enjoying her metallic chew-toy


---


Some of you may know that we received a new to us piano last week. It is a Young Chang and is very beautiful! Daddy and Mommy bought it from Rick Jones Pianos (http://www.rickjonespianos.com/) and we are highly satisfied.



The Piano is here!

(Daddy stayed until lunch time that day because he knew the piano was coming that day and wanted to be here when he saw our surprise. They never told us anything)




Moving the piano in





Mommy and Hannah on the new, cushioned piano seat.




Hannah trying it out!





Most of the family posing for a picture around the shiny piano before continuing with school.




Daddy also bought us a piano light and Caleb, Hannah, Alexis and Lydia installed it for us while we made cookies.



---



These are pictures of Lydia and her brothers.


Caleb and Lydia



What is that thing?




Seth and Lydia in front of our "nativity scene."


---


And these are the pictures of when we cleaned our carpets the day after Thanksgiving.



[Daddy] "I'm confused"


Lydia underneath the table

Caleb playing his guitar in the midst of the the mess


The living room without furniture

The kitchen with the living room furniture (and we did make brownies and bread in this mess!)
----
Here are the Thanksgiving Pics:

My cousins (left to right) Kaitlyn and Sarah. Sarah just missed the ball by deflecting it off her head.


Josiah tackling Eden- a little brother/sister love

My cousin Collin almost caught the ball!

Kaitlyn catching the ball


My grandparents dog, Shiloh catching a ball. See how tense she is?

Seth getting ready to hit a homer.
(That's Daddy's arm in the foreground)

Collin, my cousin, just hit the ball. See how his hair swishes to the right?


Caleb just hit this ball.
(It's really neat seeing all the different faces of people as they hit balls :)


Caleb hit another ball-nice follow through and arm extention


My cousin Collin readying himself to swing at the ball.
(The ball is at the very top of the picture)
I won't lecture you to much on how fun photography is...the key word was "too much." Here I go! I love photography! Isn't it so wonderful to be able to capture the above pictures? It's so much fun, figuring out a camera, how to operate it, trying new angles for pictures, experimenting on your siblings...and the list could go on. I know I love photography and I get excited when I start talking about how much fun it is to be a photographer-in-training. I only wonder if my eyes light up when I talk about Jesus and His Word, as it does when I show daddy my pictures, or see how great a picture turned out, etc. I hope I never put photography over my First Love - Jesus. I hope my priorities are in this order: Jesus and then everything else. I often fall short though but my goal in life is to...
"Follow Jesus wherever he leads and to get back up and keep going when I fall."
---
Well, the next post is, hopefully, going to be on my 13th birthday luncheon!
A Christian in training,
Kimber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment