Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Making the Gingerbread House

"But Solomon took thirteen years to build his own house; so he finished all his house."
1 Kings 7:1
A post or two ago, I said that we had built a gingerbread house. Well, Mommy and Daddy went out on a date, and we watched the little ones. We fixed and cleaned up dinner and then we built the gingerbread house! I (Kimber) decided that I was going to try and do the icing, but the stuff was so thick and would squeeze out the back end, getting me all sticky. So we resorted to...fingers! The best utensils for anything! :)



Hannah with her icing fingers.

(I soon became Lydia-watcher and photographer)




Decorating the gingerbread house



Applying some candy




Everybody get your fingers in there! :)





Hannah perfecting the icing

(And the icing did taste good so we did lick some of it off...after we finished decorating, of course!)



The finished product with the decorators.



This picture is blurry but most everybody is looking at the camera.


Voila! The gingerbread house!!!


We all ate a little bit off of it (most of us ate the candy!) but that stuff will definitely make you sick, so we decided to save the rest for Mom and Dad. ;) But, with our family being on the healthy side, Mamma didn't want us eating a lot of it, so the next morning we had 1 more thing off of it and then...it disappeared. (Accident....I think not!) :)



---


Today we started up school again after our Christmas break. Everything's gone well so far. Mommy and Daddy made up a new schedule and so we have to get all the "kinks" worked out today, for them to address. I'll scan the schedule and post in on the blog for those of you who like to be scheduled. By being scheduled a lot of things get done a lot smoother and easier - especially when you live in a 10-person family! She's great at making schedules!

One of my favorite things about the new schedule is that I have 1 hour of sewing time. I'm going to see if I can make my own skirt by Christmas. I know that sounds like a lot of time, but I've never "read" a pattern for a skirt myself, so I have to figure lots out - plus learning how to sew as straight as possible would help too! ;)



Willingly Jesus',
Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment