Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner

"Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you."
Luke 22:20
Here are the pictures of our Christmas Eve dinner!

The table

Alexis, Eden, Seth and Caleb waiting for dinner

Daddy, Paw-paw, Na-naw and Hannah at the table
This has nothing to do about Christmas Eve, but I thought I would go ahead and tell you how our New Years went. Tuesday afternoon, the Lawhorns (Uncle Mike, Aunt Stacey, Kaitlyn and Sarah) came over to visit. We (most of the children) played Kemps, Speedminton and walked over to our many-animal-farm and talked. The adults stayed inside (much warmer there!) and, of course, talked. For an afternoon snack we had Pumpkin Bars that I (Kimber) and Mommy made. I made Cream Cheese icing to go along with it too! We got the recipe from a friend at church, Mrs. Nigro. They (the Lawhorns) left before dinner. Wednesday morning, as some of you may know, it was extremely windy. I love being outside, especially when it's windy. So, I went out on our hammock and let the wind rock the hammock. It was wonderful! And then I convinced Hannah and Eden to come out too. Daddy brought out a fuzzy blanket for us to cuddle up in and we rocked to and fro. I love watching an incoming gust of wind. The trees far in the distance start to bend first and then soon, all of the trees around you are bending. I involuntarily smiled because I just loved seeing the wind creep upon us all of a sudden and I loved watching the trees sway back and forth, while the chilling wind blew my hair! Anyways, that afternoon (after a very speedy lunch) we went to pick up Na-naw (grandma), Kaitlyn and Sarah from Best Buy and then we went to Na-naw's house. We played Apples to Apples and ate dinner and then our family and Na-naw and Paw-paw went to church for Pastor Rick's vision for 2009. I really enjoyed the service! Then we went back to Na-naw's house, played some more games, Sarah and I made Spritz cookies and decorated a few of them with Daddy and Mommy, got comfy in our jammies, watched the ball drop in New York and then went to bed. I woke up this morning around 9:45 but Hannah and Alexis were up much earlier. Breakfast was great - Paw-paw made another one of his awesome breakfasts! We relaxed a little bit, did our devotions and then watched Kung Fu Panda. Some family members and friends arrived for lunch. There was lots of yummy food out like Fritos, chips in general, Jello, cheese and crackers, lots of pies, a grand assortment of cookies, etc. Everything was great! We all got to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Hare, some friends from our old church; it was nice to see them. Lydia actually let Mrs. Hare hold her! (She normally wants Mommy, if she's in sight) We left their house after Lydia nursed and dropped off our Great-Grandma (we call her G.G) and then went home. We had a snack dinner of veggies, fruit, turkey, nuts, and hot cocoa!
Willingly Jesus',

No comments:

Post a Comment