Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion."
Proverbs 11:22

She may look cute....

I was swinging on the hammock with Hannah and Lydia singing hymns and enjoying the cool night air. Daddy was cutting the lawn, everyone else (too many names to list!) was playing in different areas of the yard. Lydia was so cute sitting there that I couldn't resist picking her up. As I picked her up and lifted her up and down and over again she cooed, smiled and waved her arms franticly. Note: She had just ate. Then all of a sudden...you guessed it. Spit went down all my neck and onto the hammock. It was one of the most horrible feelings - warm, liquidy - yuck! I handed her over to Hannah who was laughing (good-naturely) and hurried inside to wipe my neck off and change my shirt.

You're probably wondering what the verse has to do with this. I was showing no discretion in lifting Lydia up and down after she had just ate. So I got what I deserved! :)

Adonai's daughter,
Kimber


No comments:

Post a Comment