Monday, March 23, 2009

Lydia's 1st Birthday Party

"He grants the barren woman a home,Like a joyful mother of children. Praise the LORD!"
Psalm 113:9
Here are the pictures from Lydia's 1st birthday party!

Sitting in the "chair of honor" (that only she can fit in! :)



Daddy cutting up the turkey - none of the ladies volunteer for this job! :)



Josiah waiting to eat his dinner.


I'm not quite sure what Lydia thought of this meal but she seemed to enjoy the attention! :)



Alexis performing one of her many magic tricks! :)
Lydia opened all of her presents in Mama's lap, though I don't think she knew what she was doing!



Daddy bought Lydia a romote mouse and Seth operated it for her. She watched it with intense wonder!





The robotic mouse on our coffee table.






Lydia eating a book while siblings crowd around to help open presents.







She received lots of clothes and a little stuffed bunny from Ms. Miller (now Mrs. Glass) whom she is hugging in the above picture.





This is Lydia's cake (Hannah insisted I had to take the cake out of the fridge, so she had to have the camera) that we made. It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Hannah helped me decorate the outside, turning the platter for me. It was one of the first times I had made a layer cake, and I really didn't want it to break when I transfered it to the cake platter, so I prayed the entire time that it wouldn't fall into pieces - and it didn't! I also prayed for it to look pretty and to taste good and my prayers were answered, so I can take NO credit whatsoever for it.




The family around Lydia.




Trying the icing out.
She seemed to like it but because it was in the fridge it surprised her a little when the cold icing touched her warm fingers! :)







Eating some cake!

---
Ms. Millers (now Mrs. Glass) wedding went great. I highly doubt I'll get any pictures up this week because I have lots to do to edit, crop, straighten, etc. them on Photoshop, plus getting them to a CD for the new couple and family! :) Daddy and I will be gone this weekend (Friday through Saturday) to a Father & Daughter Retreat in the Callaway Gardens in Georgia, so one of my siblings will probably be "poster" while I'm gone!
Overjoyed to be Jesus',
Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment